Sunday, July 12, 2009

Intake Weekend Over.

Friday was busy with Intake - and making it back to the barracks here at 0330 hrs exhausted, and wanting to chat about our interesting shifts. People were on all sorts of crazy shifts all weekend, and now we have about 600 cadets on base. Looks like we may have another storm, but until then there is some peace. I haven't had a call all day even though I am on call and I hope it stays that way!

As its Sunday night, and its been a tradition for a few years now, some of the musicians play jazz music in the mess on Sunday nights.... Its great for morale boosting, and its neat to hear colleagues perfoming on a regular basis. I managed to finish some RFAs (Request for Authorities) for next year at cadets, and it only took a few hours today. I still haven't finished the paper which is due tomorrow night, but it shall be done soon. Hopefully it will be an early night, as I already have a sore throat which does not boad well for the rest of this week!

Monday brings placing cadets into music flights, and Tuesday is when we commence training. Its definitely time for the cadets.....

Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment